Sunday, April 1, 2012

Please allow me to indroduce myself

In the wake of oh-so many bloggers threatening to leave today (on April Fools Day, no less), I thought I'd do the opposite and make a serious attempt at keeping a blog. Sure, I've got a bunch of these things floating around on the 'tubes, but I feel like a fresh start is in order.

Anyway. Hello there! I'm Audley. I suppose I should tell you a few things about myself:
  • I'm an atheist. I've never been religious-- even growing up-- and to be quite honest, I find religious fervor to be baffling and frightening. 
  • I'm a fiercely pro-choice feminist and have been for years now.
  • Also, a pacifist.
  • I'm a political junkie.
  • I'm also a bit of a news junkie.
  • I read a lot, although not as much as I used to. I'll read just about anything, but I'm not a huge fan of romance or epic fantasy.
  • I'm a gamer. Last game I finished up was Mass Effect 3.
  • I love going to the movies. (Who else is excited about The Dark Night Rises?)
 As for the focus of this blog:
  • US politics, especially national and New York state level politics. (I promise to try not to get too bogged down in the shit-show that is the NY state lege. But, I've got to admit that it's fascinating the same way a train wreck is fascinating.)
  • Feminism, especially related to the current political theater climate.
  • Religion's impact on government.
  • Atheism, free thought, whathaveyou.
  • Whatever goofy shit catches my interest.
 My goal is to write at least one substantial blog post per day.

Should you feel the need to contact me, you can either email me or find me on Twitter @audleyzdarke.

No comments:

Post a Comment