Friday, April 20, 2012

Well, this ties my last two posts together nicely

Ann Romney:
“Why should women be paid equal to men? Men have been in the working world a lot longer and deserve to be paid at a higher rate. Heck, I’m a working mom and I’m not paid a dime. I depend on my husband to provide for me and my family, as should most women… and if a woman does work, she should be happy just to be out there in the working world and quit complaining that she’s not making as much as her male counterparts. I mean really, all this wanting to be equal nonsense is going to be detrimental to the future of women everywhere. Who’s going to want to hire a woman, or for that matter, even marry a woman who thinks she is the same, if not better than a man at any job. It’s almost laughable. C’mon now ladies, are you with me on this?”
Note: I have only seen this quote on two blogs and have not found any verification of its truthfulness (or truthiness, as the case may be).

But, think about it: Mormon stay-at-home mom who is married to a millionaire. Can we really expect Ann to have any grasp on reality whatsoever? (What was I saying about Conservatives wanting to punish women for not fitting into their bizarre idea of gender roles and family, again?)

***And Edit***
Nope, it's a spoof. I think they've pretty well proven Poe's law (or whatever the Conservative equivalent is) with this one. My bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment